On Monday night I was so keen to get on with the mystery that I marked up all my squares for Clue 3.
Clue 3 consisted of 2 steps - making HSTs with the fabric 4 paired with fabrics 2 and 3.
When I woke up this morning I felt so sore and swollen. The plaster is rubbing against a particularly irritating spot and I'm all out of strong painkillers. At least DH got me more Diet Coke so I forced myself to proceed, knowing I'd feel better once I got my fingers moving and I did.
Clue 3, steps 4A and 4B:
Since sewing them together was so quick i proceeded directly onto Clue 4.
This involved pairing up the 2 units above and doing the same thing as before to make little hourglass units. I tried to keep the seam allowance as scant as possible but I have grave concerns for the health of this quilt. My units are not even close to square and the seam allowances wander somewhat.
Clue 4, Step 5:
I spose it's not bad considering how plastered I am. :-P
I must say I love how it's all coming together so far! This quilt will be a charity quilt but it'll be hard to give it up. I've wanted a lovely pink girly lap quilt to snuggle up with for a while and been on the lookout for the perfect pattern or fabric. Lucky for me (and the recipient of this charity quilt!!), my Block Swap friends have taken care of my "ME" quilt so provided this one doesn't look too sloppy it'll go to a good home.
I have a few tops for charity waiting to be quilted but I'm not sure when this will happen. It will depend on what happens after my plaster comes off.
Clue 5 comes out in about a week. That's probably a good thing since I need to finish off my table mat and bind my french braid runner and work more on Lizzy Mae!