Monday, November 8, 2010

Finished for REAL!

I have two finishes to report...and I mean they're really finished - binding and all!

The first is the table mat/topper.

The class was on saturday at Quilter's Bazaar and Lorraine taught us how to make bias binding and how to use the Easy Scallop tool by Darlene Zimmerman.

I'm not thrilled with the colour of the binding but I didn't want to buy anything for this quilt.  I knew it was all to me made either with my arm in plaster or shortly after it came off (I got it off 2 days before the class) so I didn't want to waste good fabric by sewing plastered.

The other thing is the french braid table runner.  I finished hand sewing the binding last night.  Woohoo!

I have Lizzy Mae Class #3 tomorrow and #4 later in the month and 2 quilts which REALLY need to be finished before the weather gets too hot so I need to get cracking.

In other news...the lovely Mezzanines Fabric for my Sleepover bag arrived today!

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of scalloped edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to complete a quilt, snipping off that last stitch of binding. Well done you to get 2 done. I love the scalloped edging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the scollop edge Jane.

    That is a great table runner pattern. I am making several for Christmas gifts.

    Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! well done!!!!! your points are very neat in the braid too :)
    and LOVE the fabric for the bag
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are lovely. Isn't it a good feeling when done?
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete